In 2007, I made the big move of moving by myself to live closer to my fiancée. That same year, I became a teacher, and got married. All of these things were done in a matter of months. May, August, December. As the 1st letters of each month spell out, it was a M.A.D, but an exciting and challenging 7 months. Everything was new. I was gaining a new family, a new career, and a new title…wife.
I was still fresh from my college experience but had no idea that the next 10 years would be a new journey of continuous growing and learning. These last 10 years have definitely taught me a thing or ten. This has been a time of self discovery and discovering how people can truly be. I am just now beginning to understand my purpose in this world. I haven’t figured everything out, but each day I believe I am getting closer. Here are 10 things that I have learned, and am still striving to be confident in:
- Forgive yourself from past mistakes, because God has.
- Sometimes we keep our own selves bound by not forgiving our own selves even when we ask people or God for forgiveness.
- Don’t worry about having children based on others’ timelines for your life.
- Too many people rush into having children because they feel that’s what you do after you get married. Get to know your mate as a spouse.
- It’s okay to not have everything figured out by 30…you are still growing up.
- 30 doesn’t mean you are an adult and should have all the answers by the time you reach that number… “age ain’t nothing but a numba”. We are still growing up.
- It’s okay to make mistakes; learn from them and move on.
- Get over them, basking in them only adds stress to your life.
- Everything is not going to be comfortable.
- Unplanned things happen. It’s about growth and becoming who you were meant to be.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself.
- Don’t allow anyone to disrespect you. Stand up for yourself and respectfully speak your mind. As Michael Jackson said, “With love”. ❤
- DO what makes you happy.
- Stop living your life according to how others think you should be. If it doesn’t displease God, then you are good!
- Everyone isn’t going to like you & that’s okay 🙂
- Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming….
- Don’t feel like you always have to explain yourself. Some people just don’t want to understand you.
- You’re not always the crazy one!! They just want to be confused/the victim.
- Never hide who you truly are, if it offends someone, that is not your problem.
- Don’t add more problems to your life.
The number ten symbolizes the completion of a cycle.
It is the number of heaven, the world, and universal creation. I look forward to what else is in store for me as I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus . Philippians 3:14
October 10, 2017 (10/10/2017)
2 thoughts on “October 10, 2017”
Nice !!! Very True!!!